There are many reasons that you may be looking for a new dentist. You may have just recently moved, or you’re unhappy with the dental care you are currently receiving. Whatever the case may be, choosing a new dentist can be daunting. After all, you want someone who actually cares about you and not performing dental services for the money.
Corsi Dental is a caring, compassionate dentist in Woodbury. We like to think of our patients as family, making them as comfortable as possible during their time with us. We accept most insurances, and we help special needs patients receive the dental care they need. Below, we’ll offer up tips on how to choose a new dentist. Contact us today for all your dental care needs!
TIPS FOR CHOOSING A NEW DENTIST
- Recommendations. Recommendations by your friends, family, and work colleagues is the best way to choose a dentist. These are people whom you trust who have first-hand knowledge of their dental provider. They can tell you how their dental care is, how they handle billing questions, and overall if they feel they are taken care of by their dentist. They might also know of dentists to stay away from if they have had a not-so-pleasant dental experience.
- Online reviews. If your friends, family, and co-workers have no dentists that they recommend that sounds right for you, your next stop should be to check online reviews. This is second-hand knowledge of others in the community, and many are honest online and will post if they have had a negative experience. However, Corsi Dental in Woodbury recommends that you read reviews with a grain of salt since some people just like to complain and vent rather than help solve their communication problems with their dentist.
- Website. Next, Corsi Dental in Woodbury recommends that you visit the websites of dentists whom you are considering choosing from. You can often get a feel for the type of dental office by their website. Is their website professional? What dental services do they offer? You can also put a face to your dentist through the website. Websites are a great way to “get to know” dentists in your area.
- Convenience. If you live in a big city, odds are you want a dentist relatively close to your home or office so you don’t have to drive too far in traffic. You’ll also want to check their office hours. It does you no good to choose a dentist with limited office hours if you can’t make an appointment before 6 pm due to work. Make sure your prospective dentist can accommodate your dental cleaning schedule.
- Qualifications. The vast majority of dentists are more than qualified to take care of all of your dental needs, and most have at least one dentist on staff who has years of experience offering quality dental care in your community. The dentist’s website is a good place to find out where the dentist went to school and what certifications and training he or she holds.
- Insurance. You’ll want to verify that your prospective new dentist accepts your dental insurance. Often, this is just a quick phone call to the dental office and asking. Many dental insurances have preferred provider networks that can save you money as well.
- Emergency care. Does the prospective dentist offer emergency care? While dental emergencies are rare, they do occur, such as having your tooth knocked out. While this qualification is not a deal breaker, Corsi Dental recommends that it’s good to have a dentist who is at least available to answer your questions and to tell you where to go should a dental emergency arise.
- Check your state licensing board. Most states have websites where you can look up prospective dentists and get their background information, how long they have been practicing in that state, how many staff members there are, and much more. It will also say if there has been any disciplinary action against that dentist.
- Interview the dentist. Often this is just a quick phone consultation, which is mainly used to gauge how accessible the dentist is and how friendly he or she is over the phone. Corsi Dental in Woodbury notes that this can eliminate dentists right away if you get a bad vibe over the phone.
- Book an appointment. The best way to evaluate a new dentist is to receive your next cleaning there. You’ll get to meet the dental staff and see how they conduct their practice. You’ll also get to chit-chat with your dentist as well. Often, this is the best way to choose your new dentist.
WHY CHOOSE CORSI DENTAL IN WOODBURY
Corsi Dental offers the best dental care in woodbury. We specialize in general dentistry for the whole family, including special needs patients. We offer dental cleanings and exams, fillings, crowns, bridges, and dental implants. We also offer teeth whitening and other cosmetic dentistry services. We love new patients and would be happy to schedule a consultation with you, or to book a dental cleaning for you. Contact us today for your next dental cleaning!